RS7 Joint grinding machine
Brand : Sonicam
The Sonicam Grinding Machine of Type RS7 is a flat- and hollow grinder for grinding mould joints after repair. The machine is manual in order to allow taking away material only where necessary. The mould is positioned on a magnetic holder with V-blocks. The mould can be adjusted in 2 directions to make sure that the joint is perfectly parallel with the table of the machine: the mould can be axially adjusted in the V-blocks with a gauge and mould & holder together can be longitudinally adjusted with a comparator. The hollow grinding is obtained with a copying device and a template at a scale of 10:1 for depth and 1:1 for length. The profile of the template is +/- 1 mm deep and can be made easily and accurately enough with a file.
The advantages of the Sonicam Grinding Machine of Type RS7:
- A perfect positioning even of moulds with a damaged band diameter.
- Less material is removed than with a milling machine: longer lifetime.
- Time saving compared with manual repair with a file.
- Better joint quality than with manual repair, no burrs.
The main characteristics of the Sonicam Grinding Machine of Type RS7 are:
- Stroke: 600 mm
- Transversal movement: 370 mm
- Maximum distance between table and spindle axis: 475 mm
- Maximum clearance between magnetic holder (without V-blocks) and grinding stone (new): 250 mm
- Grinding stone dimensions: Ã˜ 200 mm x 32 mm
- Spindle speed: 2850 RPM
- Power: 1.5 kW
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 1200 x 1300 x 1850 mm, 392 kg